27 Comments

1. says:

11/04/2008 at 7:25 am

Yes, it was so easy on the Lower East Side!! Why didn’t I take a picture, G?! I had my camera!

I walked out of there buzzing. I guess I had a huge smile on my face because some guy who was coming in just said "Yes!" and laughed. Better times are on the way for America.

2. says:

11/04/2008 at 9:36 am

not on Line E / Working Families?

either way, the LES was smooth as silk for me as well, with one possible exception:
    we *were* asked for ID, which was a first for me and everyone in the line.
    I had thought that ID was not required in NYS, but didn’t want to make a fuss….

3. says:

11/04/2008 at 2:06 am

In the East Village, I had to vote with a paper ballot because my machine was broken but otherwise it was easy… maybe because I went in the middle of the day. Lots of observers on hand too. Very exciting.

4. says:

11/04/2008 at 3:25 pm

5. says:

11/04/2008 at 5:36 pm

not on Line E / Working Families?

we *were* asked for ID, which was a first for me and everyone in the line.
    I had thought that ID was not required in NYS, but didn’t want to make a fuss….

6. says:

11/04/2008 at 10:06 pm

7. says:

11/05/2008 at 12:26 am

I miss those machines!

In CA, I voted on punchcards and optical. WA is all optical and I voted by mail. Swooshing your ballot into the slot at the post office isn’t nearly as satisfying as the hefty ka-chunk of the machines I first voted on.

8. says: